Men's & Women's Fashions for the Distinctive Shopper!
Fashion & Events
|Posted on September 13, 2015 at 12:40 AM||comments (412)|
Come Out and Shop at Herron Starr Apparel and the 5th Street Arcades Businesses during SPARX City Hop
SPARX CITY HOP 2015 is Saturday, September 19th from 11am - 6pm.
About CITY HOP
The 13th annual SPARX City Hop will be held on Saturday, September 19, 2015 from 11am – 6pm. We hope you are planning on being a part of it! Cleveland’s inner most districts will be in full swing as our community explores the visual, culinary and performing arts of our city. For the past few years, nearly 20,000 people have “hopped” throughout our neighborhoods as a part of Sparx City Hop, an official program of the Downtown Cleveland Alliance.
An annual program (in its 13th year) SPARX is a celebration of everything that is in Cleveland’s most central and metropolitan neighborhoods. While the one-day event has grown into a large draw (annual attendance of 20,000), the Downtown Cleveland Alliance sees the impact extending far beyond just the event.
City Hop is a day long “Hop” on Saturday, September 19th
Free trolleys connect the neighborhoods circulating continuously throughout the day.
Connecting: Playhouse Square, Campus District, Superior Arts District and Asia Town
Connecting: Gateway District, Tremont and Ohio City
SPARX City Hop is presented by the Downtown Cleveland Alliance and is made possible through the collaboration of its neighborhood partners that includes: Downtown Cleveland Alliance, Historic Gateway Neighborhood Corporation, Playhouse Square District Development Corp., The Campus District, Superior Arts District, Asia Town, Tremont West Development and Ohio City Inc.
SPARX is proud to have the valuable support of our community partners, including: Cuyahoga Arts & Culture, Playhouse Square, Dominion, Medical Mutual, The George Gund Foundation, The Cleveland Foundation, Forest City, and Geis Properties.
The SPARX program is also supported by generous downtown Cleveland property owners and stakeholders, including: Ward 3 Councilman Joe Cimperman, Ward 10 Jeffrey Johnson, Ward 5 Phyllis Cleveland and the City of Cleveland.
SPARX is supported by the following media partners: Cleveland Magazine, Cleveland Plain Dealer, cleveland.com, and iHeart Media and Clear Channel.
|Posted on September 12, 2015 at 1:10 PM||comments (3)|
The Herron Starr Sales Associate is vital to delivering customer service that offers a distinctive shopping experience and drives sales results. The Sales Associate works as part of a team to meet sales and store objectives, your responsibility as a Sales Associate may include demonstrating outstanding customer service and selling skills, keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise and ready for sales events, or organizing the selling floor and stock area.
The Sales Associate position is currently part-time Wednesday- Friday 12:00pm to 5:00pm and Saturday 11:00am-4:00pm. The position has the potential of becoming full-time.
• Meeting and making a connection with customers, asking questions and listening to shoppers' needs, then giving options and advice on meeting those needs
• Inspiring the customer to buy, celebrating the purchase, and creating a lasting positive impression of you, Herron Starr, and the purchase
• Ensuring that stock room is organized by promptly clearing our merchandise and returning it to the proper area of the selling floor
• Maintaining selling floor presentations, and restocking them as needed
• Learning Herron Starr's systems and procedures to enhance selling efficiencies and complete support duties
• Handle all returns courteously and professionally
• Responsible for achieving personal sales goals and Herron Starr Reward goals
• Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Herron Starr’s commitment to our customer – the most important person in our store
• Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
• Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets and attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
• Be aware of current promotional events and sales
• Maintain good housekeeping standards
• Adhere to Loss Prevention and inventory control and compliance procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• Education/Experience: Previous retail sales experience preferred, but not required
• Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Ability to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
• Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Ability to use a calculator and calculate percentages and ratios. Must be able to make change in American monetary units.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business. Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
• Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing and standing for at least two consecutive hours. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Involves lifting at least 50 lbs.
• Other Skills: Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service.
• Work Hours: Available to work a variety of hours, which may include early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Herron Starr Apparel, LLc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Herron Starr Apparel, LLc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.